High School Graduate Applicants
High School Graduates (First Time in College)
- Completed admissions application
- $25 application fee or waiver from (College board or ACT waivers)
- Official High School Transcripts
- Official College transcripts if dual enrolled classes were attempted
- Official ACT and or SAT scores
Edward Waters College ACT code: 0724
Edward Waters College SAT code: 5182
High School Transcript
- Admission consideration is given to applicants with standard high school diplomas from an accredited high school.
- Submit an official copy of your high school transcript showing work through the completion of your junior year.
- Transcripts are considered official when received directly from the issuing institutionin a sealed envelope with the school’s seal and/or official signature.
- Your enrollment for the application term and year is based upon review of your final high school transcript with graduation date listed.
- GPA: High school applicants who have earned at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average and have taken the ACT or SAT are considered for regular admissions to the college.
- High school applicants who have earned at least a 2.0 – 2.49 cumulative grade point average and have taken the ACT or SAT are considered for Provisional admissions to the college.
- ACT and SAT Scores: There is no minimum score requirement to be accepted to the college, but the student must submit either the ACT or SAT score report to the admissions department.
Scores reported on high school transcript can be used to evaluate applicant admissibility. However, official score reports from either The College Board (SAT) or ACT are required to complete the admission file. Scores listed on the final official high school transcript can be used as the official score reports.
High School Curriculum
Admission consideration is given to applicants who have earned a standard high school diploma and completed a minimum of the following:
English 4 years or units
Mathematics 3 years or units, including Algebra and higher.
Social Science 3 years or units
Natural Science 3 years or units
Foreign Language 2 years or units Optional (If a student have not
taken two years of a sequential language, they are still admissible to the college, but they will be required to take 6 credit hours of a foreign language.)
Advance Standing Credit
You can earn a maximum of 30 combined credit hours in advanced standing credits.
- Advanced Placement (AP): Course credit for applicable courses is awarded for earning a score of “3” or better on the Advanced Placement examination. It is possible to receive advanced course placement without earning course credit.
- International Baccalaureate (IB): Course credit for applicable courses is awarded for earning a score of “5” or above on the International Baccalaureate examination. It is possible to receive advanced course placement without earning course credit.