About the Program
CLIMB and CLIMB ONLINE serve adults ages 23 and older who have already completed one-and-a-half or more years of college with a cumulative 2.0 GPA or better, and who now would like to complete their Bachelor's degree. Classes are offered in the evening or blended-online over an 18 month period. Adult learners will earn 48 semester hours of credit in class and receive additional semester hours in credit for prior learning. The program also provides admissions and registration services to adult learners seeking to complete the Bachelor's of Business Administration degree. Our services include admissions processing, transcript evaluation, maintenance of attendance and enrollment records, processing text orders, portfolio evaluation, and advising.
CLIMB seeks to cultivate an environment conducive to student learning, encompassing a foundation of academic excellence, and Christian principles.
Under the Division of Academic Affairs, CLIMB will become an exemplary center for Adult Education by offering 21st century programs that provide opportunities for students to compete globally and develop a sense of social awareness while upholding their civic responsibilities.
- To ensure adult learners can communicate effectively in a variety of interpersonal and organizational settings.
- To ensure adult learners can demonstrate understanding of ways that individuals and groups influence organizational behavior.
- To ensure adult learners understand and can demonstrate management theories, principles, processes, and skills.
- To make sure adult learners understand and have analyzed principle decision-making resources that leaders use in organizational management.
- To make sure adult learners can communicate an understanding of ethics in a world-view context and are able to apply ethical decision-making in organizations.
- To ensure adult learners possess lifelong learning attitudes and skills.
CLIMB recently updated all of the class modules and added a blended online component as a means of meeting the learning needs of 21st century adult learners.
CLIMB exists to accommodate the needs and learning style of adult learners. Since 2000, it has graduated more than 500 students.
Edward Waters College is poised to meet the educational needs and goals of our students. Through programmatic reviews and ongoing updates the College is transitioning to provide 21st century educational opportunities united with real world experience.