Focused Academic Motivating Excellence (FAME)
Ms. Gladys Clay
Director of FAME
Polly Brooks Building, Office 210
Phone: (904) 470-8780 E-mail: email@example.com
The mission of the Focused Academic Motivating Excellence (FAME) program is to promote cognitive and effective growth of students in order to prepare them for college-level work. FAME is designed to assist academically under-prepared students to increase their proficiency levels in the areas of English/writing, reading/study skills, and mathematics. Program placement is based on a college-level readiness screening test (ACT/SAT/CPT). This program is also designed to appeal directly to the multicultural students by using the language and idioms that are a part of their specific culture. Within the Christian atmosphere of the college, students will learn how to succeed not only academically, but also spiritually.
- To provide academic direction to students so they can become and remain academically successful.
- To increase course completion rates of students.
- To increase the retention and graduation rate of students enrolled in two or more developmental courses.
- Conduct activities that will offer early exposure to academic expectations.
- Assess academic skills and place students in appropriate courses.
- Provide strong academic advising and academic counseling to students.
- Design and administer an Academic Enrichment Services Participation Agreement for students.
- Develop an assessment plan.
- Collaborate with faculty in referring students, in monitoring students, and in reporting academic progress.
- Initiate a required study hall for all FAME students.
- Implement a peer mentoring and peer tutoring programs to provide one-on-one support for FAME students.
- Understand the instructional architecture, content, and learning activities from the instructor's and the learner's perspectives.
- Implement and use the product in the program or classroom.
- Navigate the lesson structure, features, and tools.
- Use online and offline tests, if applicable.
- Use the reporting resources.
- Design a learner orientation.
FAME also provides peer tutoring and peer mentoring not only to FAME students but to the entire student body.
Last Updated on Thursday, 03 November 2011 12:47