Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to participate in the Black Male Explorers Program?
- Students in grades 7 – 11.
- A depressed grade point average that does not adequately reflect the potential of the student.
- A history of disciplinary problems or the propensity to display irregular behavior.
- An expressed interest in the program.
- Willingness to commit to the program through high school graduation.
- Willingness to consider education after high school.
- Any unique situation and/or problem that makes a student potentially "at risk".
- Received free or reduced lunch during the current school year.
What educational courses will the students study?
Year-Round Academic Component - will provide monthly educational enrichment activities to include, but not limited to STEM Projects, English and Mathematics from September 2014 to May 2015 to increase student achievement and ensure the students are equipped to pass the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test (FCAT) and/or any standardized testing for Duval County Public Schools students.
Summer Component - will provide five weeks of campus STEM focused educational enrichment during the months of June and July.
How do I apply for the BMCE Program?
- Select Parent Portal Link (Top Right Hand Corner)
- Enter Access Code: EWC
What schools are eligible to participate in the Black Male Explorers Program?
The program will accept students from Duval County (Jacksonville), Clay County (Orange Park) and St. Johns County (St. Augustine) school districts.
Last Updated on Friday, 13 February 2015 14:59