Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to participate in the Black Male Explorers Program?
- Students in grades 7 – 11.
- A depressed grade point average that does not adequately reflect the potential of the student.
- A history of disciplinary problems or the propensity to display irregular behavior.
- An expressed interest in the program.
- Willingness to commit to the program through high school graduation.
- Willingness to consider education after high school.
- Any unique situation and/or problem that makes a student potentially "at risk".
- Received free or reduced lunch during the current school year.
What educational courses will the students study?
Mathematics, language arts, reading, science, social studies, and information technology.
How many components do the Black Male College Explorers have?
Two: The academic and summer components.
What schools are eligible to participate in the Black Male Explorers Program?
Students accepted into the program must be enrolled in a public school in the state of Florida for the 2009 – 2010 academic school year.
Last Updated on Monday, 19 April 2010 07:34