Rev. Dr. D. Lovett Sconiers, J.D., M.Div., D.D.
Religion Professor & Director of Campus Ministry
Phone: (904) 470-8056
The Chaplain/Director of Campus Ministry serves as the spiritual covering for the campus, provides various programs, and reaches out to members of the College community in times of crisis and emergencies. The mission of the Chaplain is to assist the students with their spiritual growth and development, facilitate their personal empowerment through self-discovery and faith maturity, and help to elevate their spiritual values and moral consciousness.
Services Provided by the Chaplain
- Worship/Chapel Services
- Planning and Conducting Weekly Wednesday Chapel Worship Services
- Preparing and Preaching Theologically-Sound and Biblically-Based Sermons
- Recruiting Student Participants for Wednesday Chapel Services
- Planning and Conducting Weekly Chapel Committee Meetings
- Planning and Conducting Sunday Worship Services in Milne Auditorium
- Planning and Conducting Religious Emphasis Week - Student Revivals or "Good Friday Worship Service: Christ's Seven Last Words from The Cross"
- Planning and Coordinating Weekly Bible Study Classes
- Planning and Conducting Campus-Wide National Day of Prayer Services
- Attending Annual College Athletic Banquet
- Participating In College Baccalaureate and Commencement Programs
- Upholding the Philosophy of the African Methodist Episcopal Church (AMEC)
- Providing Counseling Sessions and/or Individual Prayer Sessions for Students and Staff Persons