As we transition on Monday, March 23, 2020 to an “Interim Remote Work Period” via a teleworkmodality during this COVID-19 outbreak, we want to ensure that the intentions and expectations of performance and productivity are clearly communicated to all faculty and staff of Edward Waters College (EWC). Working from home does not constitute time-off or a relaxed work ethic. Rather, Telework is executing the same work obligations, but in an alternative location.
Remote working is most efficient when employees and supervisors communicate, plan and respond. Therefore, employees approved to work remotely from home on a temporary basis must:
- Be equally, if not more intentional, on response time
- Answer phones within three (3) rings, unless assisting others
- Check and clean voicemails regularly; adjust voicemails greetings appropriately
- Continue to use prompt and courteous EWC greetings when answering calls/emails
- Read and reply to emails on a heightened level for continuity and seamless process management
- Be prepared to meet as normal/as needed via virtual/teleconference meetings per Supervisor direction
- Be mindful of background noise
Please understand that as you work from home, consistent communication is critical as email and telecommunication will be the only lifelines between internal and external constituents. Failure to timely respond to directives from your supervisor and/or job related requests for support from students, faculty, staff, and outside business partners and constituencies may constitute non-compliance and result in the use of vacation time. Therefore, ensure your availability and conduct yourself as if present in your on-campus office.
Employees approved to telecommute must have the following items to ensure appropriate functioning of remote work environments include:
- Computer or laptop
- Internet (Comcast/Xfinity and Spectrum are offering free internet service)
- Forwarding land line or cell phone number to receive EWC calls
- Access to EWC remote desktop, files (electronic/paper), and other materials necessary for continued workflow
Specific details will be emailed by Mr. David Simfukwe, Director of Information Technology
& Telecommunications regarding directions on call forwarding and remote access to campus. Faculty and staff can also contact the IT Help Desk at 904-470-8179, or their immediate supervisor for area related questions and issues.
Please contact the Office of Human Resources for additional questions and/or clarity regarding the Interim Remote Work Report via email at HumanResources@ewc.edu or call 904-470-8237 or 904-470-8230.