Dr. Jacqueline A. Conley
Department Chair &
Professor of Psychology
Office: (904) 470-8671
Mission of the Department
The Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences at Edward Waters University (EWU) consists of History, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology. Within the department, Psychology offers both a major and minor in the program. Additionally as part of the program, we offer a General Track and an Addictions Track. History, Political Science, and Sociology provide supportive and general education courses to Psychology and the EWU community.
The Psychology program is consistent with the American Psychological Association’s (APA) guidelines for undergraduate training and prepares the psychology students with broad training and experiential learning opportunities, which support the development of analytical and critical-thinkers, researchers, with the knowledge and skills for graduate work to be marketable for 21st century careers.
Upon completion of the Psychology program our students will:
- Have a strong knowledge base in psychology and the human condition.
- Be critical and analytical thinkers.
- Be ethically and socially responsible.
- Be effective communicators in written, oral presentations, and users of visual aids in scholarly and professional settings.
- Continue to engage in personal and professional development activities
- Be advocates for diversity, social justice and globalization.