As the COVID-19 global pandemic has continued to reach new heights, and out of an abundance of caution, Edward Waters College (EWC) will be extending the remote work practice for staff. EWC staff will return to normal on-campus operations, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday beginning Monday, July 13, 2020. EWC faculty will return to campus on August 6, 2020.
As such, EWC is continuing to take additional measures to ensure the health and well-being of the campus community. Furthermore, in preparation for a safe return to campus the following measures are currently in process as a part of the building and grounds maintenance plan for the Resumption of On-Campus Operations & Plans for Summer/Fall 2020. Deep Cleaning of the facilities at Edward Waters College is currently underway and includes the following:
- All glass entrances are being cleaned using a disinfectant containing QC -50 solution.
- All furniture and other hard surfaces are being cleaned using a Peroxide multi surface cleaner and disinfectant. Along, with an Ecolab Rayburn Fog Master Junior for spraying which meet CDC guidelines.
- All bathrooms are being cleaned and sanitized containing the chemical QC 73 acid bathroom solution.
- Other areas that are being cleaned are those high touch and high traffic areas, high dusting (above the window), all doorknobs and handles, mopping/sweeping/and or vacuuming floors. Floor cleaner will use an A456-2 disinfectant (all meet CDC guidelines).
- Please be advised that Sodexo will need to access your office, so please be prepared to provide access if they do not have keys to your area. To contact cleaning facilities directly, please email email@example.com call 904-470-8164.
Additionally, the EWC facilities team will increase cleaning frequencies in buildings campus-wide and improve efficiency and effectiveness of microbial cleaning by using a Peroxide multi surface cleaner and disinfectant. Ecolab the provider of the product has set the product at the required 6oz per gallon dilution to provide the 45 second kill time approved to fight the COVID-19 virus with the EPA regulation numbers. Details of the schedule is highlighted below:
Increased frequency Facilities Schedule
|Office/Classroom||Monday- Fridays (7:30 am-4:00 pm)||2 times Per day|
|Residential Halls||Monday- Fridays (7:30 am-4:00 pm)||2 times Per day|
|Saturday and Sundays (7:00am -4:00pm)||1 time Per day|
Residential Halls, Office Buildings and Classrooms Cleaning and Increased Frequency with additional Personnel:
- Deep cleaning and area cleaning and disinfection guides and frequencies will be implemented for common areas and high touch surfaces targeting building entrances, restrooms, weight rooms, break rooms, conference rooms, hallways, elevators, stairways, and other spaces. Increased frequency of cleaning high touch areas will include door handles, elevator buttons, and handrails.
- The College through it facilities provider, and third party vendor will provide Deep Cleaning in all residential facilities, office buildings and classrooms two-to-three times daily in all common, high traffic, and other touched areas. Additionally, the college will secure the services of a third-party provider SERVPRO of Mandarin for additional deep cleaning around the college campus and particularly in the residential halls and classrooms.
As we transition back to campus, we ask for your patience, understanding, adaptability and flexibility, as this is a new experience for us all. It is imperative that all faculty, staff and students actively commit to adhering to the new processes that will be implemented to ensure the safety and wellbeing for one another, our families and our communities. It starts with each one of us and I believe together as a team we can rise to the challenge.
Relatedly, per previous communication, EWC is continuing to adhere to all recommended regulations and guidelines from government authorities related to the containment of COVID-19. As such, when you arrive on July 13, you must come to your workspace wearing a face mask. All employees are required to properly wear a face mask when on campus. ALL employees are asked to respect this process. Employees resistant to complying with wearing face mask and all other precautionary protocols will be sent home. The only time a face mask is not required is when staff are in his or her office alone. Additionally, on July 13 the College will be distributing personal protection equipment (PPE) to staff, along with cleaning/sanitization supplies to all faculty and staff for the purpose of minimizing cross-contamination and maintaining individual work space in between Sodexo scheduled cleaning protocols. Laptops and webcams will also be assigned to support on-campus virtual meetings during this process. Employees are required to wear their ID badges and should contact the IT Helpdesk via firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an ID badge prior to July 13, 2020.
The College’s Fall 2020 resumption of on-campus operations comprehensive plan, prepared by the 52 member COVID-19 Campus Operations Re-Engineering (C.O.R.E.) Task Force is forthcoming and will be available on the College’s website no later than Wednesday, July 8, 2020.
The Edward Waters College administration thanks you for all you are doing to respond to the coronavirus. We will continue to reassess our practices based on developments and will advise you of any changes. Additionally, we encourage all of you to reach out to your immediate supervisor with any questions that may arise. Understandably, this is a time of uncertainty and stress; however, we appreciate your commitment to EWC in the face of these unprecedented challenges.