All New Enrollees Will Receive Free New Personal Chromebook Laptop Computers Equipped With Microsoft 365 Software Suite
JACKSONVILLE, FL – Friday, April 29, 2020 – All prospective and newly incoming Edward Waters College (EWC) students interested in obtaining a fully online degree can begin taking their courses 100% online during the 2020 Summer or Fall semesters. EWC offers a multiplicity of undergraduate academic programs leading to a bachelor’s degree in the following:
- Biology with concentrations in Allied Health, Biotechnology, Environmental Biology and Forensic Science;
- Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting, Business Management, Computer Information Systems, International Finance & Global Trade, Healthcare Management (accelerated degree program), Sports Management, and Organizational Management (accelerated degree program);
- Communications with concentrations in Digital Media Production, Journalism, Advertising, and Public Relations:
- Criminal Justice with concentrations in Emergency Management, Forensic Investigation, and Law Enforcement; and
- Psychology leading to prospective careers as a Psychologist, Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist, Forensic Psychologist, Sports Psychologist, or Human Resource professional.
Accordingly, beginning with the upcoming 2020 Summer and/or Fall semesters every first-time full-time student that enrolls at EWC will be issued their very own free brand new personal Chromebook laptop computer equipped with the complete Microsoft 365 software suite to support their virtual online learning experience.
“The EWC online course option will stimulate a new academic experience at EWC as we look to meet the growing needs of adult learners as well as millennial and post-millennial students,” said EWC President and Chief Executive Officer, Dr. A. Zachary Faison, Jr. “Further, the distance education platform positions Edward Waters to become a leading model institution amongst its peers for providing innovative and cutting edge solutions to students seeking access and convenience to high-quality academic programs.”
Relatedly, the College recently announced that prospective first-year students applying to Edward Waters College (EWC) for the 2020 Summer or Fall semesters will not be required to provide an SAT or ACT score.
The change comes after scheduling for testing nationwide has been altogether cancelled and/or significantly changed due to the concern of the spread of COVID-19. As such, all prospective first-year students applying to EWC for admission will be admitted with a sufficiently high GPA (2.5 for regular admission) as students will be required to meet all other admission requirements, including satisfactory completion of the required High School Curriculum and submit all other requested documentation.
For additional admissions information or to speak with an Edward Waters College admissions or enrollment counselor for assistance applicants and prospective students can contact the admissions office via phone at 904-470-8200 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, parents and/or interested or admitted students may also visit the College’s website at www.ewc.edu for more information. For more information concerning specific academic degree programs of study at Edward Waters College please visit www.ewc.edu/academics.
About Edward Waters College
Edward Waters College (EWC), accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and member of the United Negro College Fund (UNCF), is a private, historically black, urban college which offers a liberal arts education with a strong emphasis on the Christian principles of high moral and spiritual values. EWC was established in 1866 and is an African Methodist Episcopal Church-related institution of learning. It is the first private institution of higher education in the State of Florida.