The purpose of the New Student Orientation at Edward Waters College is to ensure that new students have a successful transition and integration into college life. The program promotes discussion among parents, new students, continuing students, faculty and staff on the expectations and perceptions of the campus community. Attending orientation will: (1) facilitate initial academic advisement, course selection, and registration; (2) familiarize students with the campus environment and physical facilities; (3) create an atmosphere that minimizes anxiety, promotes positive attitudes, and stimulates an excitement for learning; (4) provide a welcoming atmosphere for students and families to meet faculty, staff and continuing students, as well as other new students; (5) provide the families of new students with comprehensive information about the academic and student services, resources and programs; and, (6) provide leadership training, and learning opportunities.
New Student Orientation Outcomes
- Students will participate in engagement activities.
- Students will be acclimated to the college’s campus environment.
- Students will learn to use campus related technology and online resources.
- Students will learn about community resources.
- Students will be introduced to the Building Your Personal Brand
- Students will build and adopt school spirit.
Rites of Passage ceremonies are held each day to signify your journey to becoming a Tiger. The ceremonies are mandatory for ALL new students.