- Onecia Adams is a freshman majoring in Biology, and boasts a 4.0 G.P.A.
- She is from Georgetown, Guyana.
- Onecia is a member of the alpha cohort of the honors college, as well as a member of the EWC HCASC team.
- Onecia has received an internship into the Undergraduate Research Scholars program at the University of Delaware. This is a great opportunity for her to gain experience in research, and learn about planning a successful path through graduate school. The program will run for 10 weeks, from Sunday, June 7, until Saturday, August 15. The program will be an online summer internship due to covid19.
Starting September 7, 2021 from 10:00am-1:00pm and occurring the first week of every month EWU students can walk-in &/or make an appointment to secure a time slot for the various workshops offered:
- Mondays : Mock Interviews (20 minute increments) -Students should come in dressed with professional attire and a description of the employment opportunity they are preparing for &/or seeking. Practice interviews will take place to help them prepare.
- Tuesdays: “Talk Tuesday”- consults will be done with students. They can come into the Career Center for career tests, guidance, questions &/or discussions on career-related topics.
- Wednesdays: “Wednesday Writing”- Students will be able to work on resumes, cover letters, portfolios, etc.. at the career center and have them reviewed.
- Thursdays: “Teach Me Thursday” – Every first Thursday of the month, a specific topic will be discussed. (i.e. personal development, networking, co-working, benefits of social media within certain career fields, guests will also be requested to speak on various topics as well, etc…)
- Fridays: “TGFO” Thank God for Opportunities- New jobs/internship announcements will be posted on the EWU Career website. EWU students can also come into the office to discuss available opportunities as well.