QEP Director/Writing Center Director
We offer personalized learning through one-on-one instruction and student-centered workshops. All sessions and workshops are provided by a writing specialist or English faculty member.
The EWC Writing Center seeks to be a welcoming environment for all students. As such, there is a lounge area with a lending library and board games. Students are welcome to drop in and relax. Classical, Jazz, or our Wakeup Spotify Playlist can usually be heard.
The Writing Center can help all faculty with the following:
- Designing scaffolded and sequenced writing assignments
- Designing assessments discipline-specific assignments
- Helping the instructor create sound writing practices in the classroom, such as requiring revision and reflection
- Provide instructors with access to resources such as training in grading students texts, pre-built rubrics for general assignments, and referrals to Writing Center
- Visit the classroom, providing Pop-Up Writing center sessions on Peer Review, APA, etc.